Saturday, November 8, 2008

Finally Seeing Some Action

I'm finally starting to see some action. Flamingo Tours out of Ft. Lauderdale has booked me as TD for two student groups coming to Charleston the last two weeks in March. Better yet....just got hired by Smithsonian Student Travel. Penny was hired by them as well. Thanks go out to Mike for letting me know they weren't requiring the DC guide license during the Inauguration or I probably would have just waited on symposium. I'll either be a TD during Inauguration or at least help out in some respect. I don't think they really have a handle yet on how many to expect. Last count they were looking for 6000 students. Anyway, hopefully I should get 1 tour a month in April and May as well. Can't wait to see you guys at symposium.

2 comments:

Alice said...

Congratulations ClaraJane! Washington should be a crazy event, I applied too late because I was consumed with planning New England so I won't be there except in spirit. Good Luck and keep us informed.
Alice

Emily said...

That's wonderful!! Just got back from a 4 day WDC training, which partly covered the Inauguration. I'm not officially getting a tour group, but marketing was on our training tour and are very interested in using me a staff photographer to cover the event. I'll know in a couple of weeks. They have about 1,700 tentatively signed up. My advice, make sure let your chaperone know that sucess of the event will depend on them following your instructions.