Sunday, October 5, 2008

What's Happening

Hey everybody,

Glad to see Alice and Greg out there going for it!! I've sent out about 7 resumes but haven't done any follow-up yet. I've been doing about 3 Culinary Tours a week...not a bad gig...I make $75 plus tips per tour for walking around Charleston for 2.5 hours while sampling food. It's called "Savor the Flavors" tour. You would think with all that walking I might lose a few pounds but it's been just the opposite....all those foods we sample are loaded with sugar, butter, and all that high calorie stuff. I've done about 3 Step-on tours and have a few more lined up. Things are pretty slow in Charleston right now....tourism is down. I've already made my reservation for symposium. It will be fun to see everybody again. I did talk with another local guide here that I found out had been to ITMI August a year ago, and she got one of those last minute tours in the fall and then went to sympoisum and now has quite a few gigs. She's already been to Ireland! Spoke with another guide that lives here and has been working for Tauck...she graduated from ITMI about 11 years ago and said initially she just kept sending those resumes out over and over until they caved in and hired her.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Hi Clara Jane,
Thanks for the info about prospects at the symposium. I'm hoping to at least have a tour under my belt by the time I'm interviewing at the Marketplace. Take care! Em